Technology and the economy changes all the time, the one constant that I have found to be true in nearly every single case, is the start time for your lean start up, must be now!
Reasons To Start Now:
- Momentum- Starting now allows you to do more later.
- Excitement- When an idea first hits you, is often when you are at the peak of your excitement curve.
- Now or Never- The world is full of great ideas, that never get implemented, if you don’t start right now, the likelihood that you will never do it increases exponentially with the passing of every day!
- Speed– The universe loves speed– A phrase I first heard explained in “The Secret” http://thesecret.tv/ if you move forward quickly to gain momentum (according to this theory which I believe in) the universe itself ( or G-d for the true believers amongst us) will come to your assistance.
Reasons To Wait:
- The time is just not right- IMHO even though this is the most often used reason to wait, its not a reason actually, its just something people say.
- The economy is bad right now- True, so the question becomes; how would a good economy better facilitate your endeavor?
- I just don’t have the money right now!- Perfect reason, most start-up’s regardless of scope require some expenditure of resources.
- I just don’t have the time right now- Another quite perfect reason. We all have only 24 hours available to us each day, so this answer assumes that right now there are just too many things requiring their attention.